Saturday, August 29, 2009









If you have noticed the photo I posted next to "about me", it is a single red poppy. It has a very special meaning to me. When I was a little girl, my dad
would always go up town on Saturday mornings. Usually to get the car washed, or maybe to get his hair cut. Who knows, maybe just to get out of the house for the morning.
A couple of times a year, he would bring me back the little paper "buddy" poppy he had gotten for making a contribution the the Veterans Assistance Programs, year after year. It wasn't until I was a young adult that I remembered he used to bring me these. This year, I actually had the opportunity to get one for myself and it brought back fond memories. Maybe someone else out there has a special place in their heart for the "paper poppies".

1 comment:

  1. I got rolls of tangerine lifesavers from my dad...yum. Dads are the greatest! Your blog is amazing...can't wait to see more!!

    ReplyDelete